Effective Date: May 1, 2022
smartQED, Inc. (“smartQED”, “we” or “us”) is the producer and owner of smartqed.ai and smartqed.com (collectively referred to here as the/our “site” or the provides the/our “Services”, which is a visual collaborative platform for root cause analysis and an AI-powered recommendation engine for problem diagnosis and remediation.
Please read this Policy carefully before you use our Services. You should not use our Services if you are not comfortable with what is stated below. Your continued use of Services constitutes consent to the practices we describe in this Policy and the use and sharing of your information as provided herein.
We take the private nature of your personal information very seriously, and we are committed to maintaining your trust by protecting it. To do that, we have set up procedures to ensure that your information is handled responsibly and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
How We Collect Information
Information You Provide to Us
1. Personal Information. Any information that we could use to identify an individual is “Personal Information.” It does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information. Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
3. Non-Identifying Information/Usernames. We may collect other information such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Service and general information about your problems and incidents (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may aggregate information collected from smartQED users. We consider usernames to be Non-Identifying Information.
4. Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information. Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but smartQED will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Use and Retention of Information
We collect information two ways: information we get from your use of our Services, and information you provide to us directly.
1. Information we get from your use of the Services is primarily non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers, servers, and services like Google Analytics typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the time of each visit. Other non-identifying information that we might have access to includes how you use the Service (e.g. search queries), your approximate location, cookies, etc.
2. We collect this non-personally-identifying information in order to better understand how visitors use the Services and, where possible, to improve their experience. In some cases, we may publicly display information that is not personally identifying in the aggregate, (e.g. by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our Services) or may provide the aggregate data to third parties.
3. When you use the Services, you may provide information that helps diagnose and identify the cause(s) of a problem. Some of this information may contain sensitive or proprietary data about users’ organizations and their systems, but is typically not personally identifying. We analyze this data for the purposes of recommending potential causes and solutions of future problems. We may create anonymized metadata from this information for aggregated learning (knowledge). This anonymized metadata does not contain any personal or sensitive data and is used for the purpose of generating recommendations for problems.
4. When you use the Services we also collect potentially personally identifying information in the form of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) accessed, and the unique identification number associated with the account. We don’t use that information to identify you, with one exception: we may discover, by reviewing log files, that a particular account is using the Services in a way that is degrading the experience for all the Services’ users. If this is discovered, we may look up personally identifiable information associated with that account in order to contact the account owner. We handle and disclose this information in the same way we handle other potentially personally identifying information as described below.
5. Information you provide to us directly. Certain visitors to our Services choose to interact with them in ways that may require them to provide us with personally identifying information. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for our Services to provide their email address, password, and display name. We do not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below.
6. If you send us a request, such as emailing us for support, we reserve the right to publish it (absent any personally identifying information) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or help other users.
7. In the process of supporting our Services, we may discover personally identifiable information associated with your account. The only personally identifiable information we may discover during the support process without your consent includes your email address and the names of any organizations to which you belong. Any further information will not be discovered without your consent.
8. In the process of supporting our Services, we may need to investigate the data within your account, including data you have entered into our collaborative platform. If this occurs, we will always request your explicit permission before looking at the data in your account.
11. If you are outside the United States, you should know that any personally identifiable information you enter into the Services will be transferred out of your country and into the United States, and possibly to other countries. By using the Services, you consent to such transfer and are representing that you have the right to transfer such information outside your country.
12. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone younger than age 18. The Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that smartQED has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: email@example.com.
13. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and related information from our active databases within 6 months. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal or tax requirements. If you have any questions or concerns about your data retention, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you Give to Other People
This Policy only applies to information collected by smartQED. It does not apply to the practices of companies that we don’t own or control, or employees that we don’t manage. Information on our Site may contain links to third party websites, and any information you provide to those sites will be covered by any privacy policies they may have. Please be sure to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit. It is those sites’ responsibility to protect any information given to them, so we can’t be held liable for their wrongful use of your personally identifying information.
How We Use Information We Collect
2. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when you are first asked to provide us with personal information, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and we’ll notify you before we use the information for something other than the purpose for which it was originally collected. If anything in this policy seems unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, so we can address your question and possibly clarify this document.
4. Here are some of the ways we may use personal information you provide us:
a. To allow you to register for our Services and to administer and process the registration
b. To communicate with you about our products, services and related issues
c. To evaluate the quality of our products and services, and to enhance your experience on our websites
d. To maintain and administer our web sites and comply with our legal or internal obligations and policies
e. To transfer information to others as described in this policy or to satisfy our legal, regulatory, compliance, or auditing requirements, including to disclose information to law enforcement authorities upon validly served legal process or a valid judicial instruction (for example, pursuant to a court order)
f. To charge you any fees and provide you with a receipt or resolve billing issues associated with your account
g. In the case of accounts created using business email domains, to provide your contact information to an administrator of the business email domain to facilitate the provision of additional products and/or services.
h. Choice. Choice is all about making sure you have the ability to control how we share your personal information with others. We never share any of your personal information with non-agent third parties.
i. We will not share your personal information with non-agent third parties unless we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property, rights or those of third parties or the public at large. It is possible that we may, on occasion, buy or sell assets from or to other companies. If that should occur, user information is typically one of the assets that gets transferred. Similarly, if smartQED or most of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information could be transferred or acquired. You should be aware that such events can occur, and that if it does, the buyer may continue to user your personal and non-personal information, but only as set forth in this policy. Other than in these rare circumstances, smartQED will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying information to anyone.
j. If you are a registered user of our Services and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with the Services. We generally use our Services to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of communication to a minimum. If we do send you information that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with a way to request that you don’t get any similar notices (opt-out, unsubscribe, etc.)
Contacting smartQED, Inc.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.